During an interview with Bruce Rogers of Forbes, Michael Gale declared that 84% of companies fail at digital transformation, yours inclusive. This is a result of the inability to maximize social media and the internet for marketing properly.
Therefore, in a bid to scale up your marketing, you will require the expertise of individuals that can accomplish your strategies for growth. However, your confusion about building your personal in-house marketing team or simply hiring a digital agency partner has a simple solution!
Your choice depends on the present-day situation of your business. You can figure this out by asking yourself these self-evaluation questions:
- Do you have social media needs?
- How much do you know about social media marketing?
- Can you manage your business’ social media presence on your own?
- If yes, how many hours can you devote to social media management in a week?
- If you intend to hire an agency, what’s your budget?
Remember that hiring a digital agency and setting up an in-house team are both result-yielding strategies. Below is how to find out which exactly suits you best.
Why You Might Need A Digital Agency
Digital agencies specialize in using designs, copywriting, technology, and up-to-date marketing techniques to help businesses grow. Some benefits of hiring an agency include:
1. Diverse Skills: Hiring an agency is indirectly employing a whole team. For example, hiring an SEO agency with team members proficient in content writing, product design, etc., will significantly help you solve problems faster and create more flexible strategies.
2. Scalability: Utilizing the right digital marketing agency helps you avoid scaling challenges your company might experience, like hiring the wrong talent or not getting enough fresh customers.
3. Time Efficiency: Hiring an external agency is usually more time-efficient because these agencies tend to have the skills needed to attain notable marketing goals in the shortest time possible. There is the tendency that they have worked with similar clients before and a degree of urgency to get your job done in time. These agencies also devote time to just a specialized aspect of business needs. On the other hand, your in-house employees can easily feel over-burdened with tasks as they still have to attend to other business needs.
4. Result-Driven: Most digital agencies believe that without yielding good performance results, your work relationship with them is at risk. They pushed them to possess a commendable degree of proficiency to get the job done. They are also more vast in the field as it is their area of expertise. They can provide strategic insights into what works and what does.
5. Quality assurance: You might face some difficulties when you hire in-house because you cannot confirm the quality of the hire. It is easier to tell how good an agency is from their portfolio, reviews, and rating before you consider hiring them. Providing specialized services to multiple clients also positions them for competence in their niche or area of specialization.
6. Budget-friendly: Hiring a media agency is more cost-efficient instead of putting an entire team on your payroll all-year long. These agencies have various packages and subscription options.
In conclusion, you should consider your budget, target market, location, and business model, among other factors, to determine what method suits your digital marketing needs better.